OTC Daihen, Japan - IFR-Partner
New arc welding robot models "AII-B4L" and "AII-V6L"
Daihen Corporation has remodeled its popular arc welding robot line AX Series to release new arc welding robot models "AII-B4L" and "AII-V6L" and the welding peripheral equipment to use in combination with the robots. Daihen develops a complete range of products including welding peripheral equipment as well as robots to offer total solutions to welding applications.
Pictures: left AII-B4L, right AII-V6L
Background of the development
The automotive industry, which include major users of robots, have been working on the weight trimming of auto bodies and parts for developing and commercialize automobiles in pursuit of safety, economic efficiency, environmental friendliness, etc. To that end, they have not only been using high-tensile steel, aluminum, titanium, etc. as materials of bodies and parts but also modified vehicle structures, which has made the challenges in welding operation more advanced and difficult. In such situations, concerns at the point of production involving welding processes have been diversified to include unsatisfactory productivity, unstable welding quality, requirements for frequent adjustment in welding and troublesome maintenance of production equipment.
To address such diverse and complicated concerns of customers, Daihen has pursued to the maximum possible extent the quality required of production equipment used in welding processes and committed itself to the development of robots optimized for arc welding.
Regarding robots, new arc welding robot models "AII-B4L" and "AII-V6L" have been developed, which are equipped with a manipulator with enhanced motion performance and a new feature to decrease interruptions that occur during welding for improving productivity and welding performance.
1. Significant enhancement in the manipulator motion performance improving productivity and welding performance
- Moving speed of each axis increased by up to 40%
Significant reduction in the tact time and improvement of productivity
- Use of the new observer vibration suppression control for smoother robot movement
Reliable starting at the weld start point further improving the welding quality
2. Controller with higher reliability in global use environment
- Case structure with improved cooling efficiency and higher dust resistance
Ensured reliability in global use environment such as production at a high duty cycle and high temperature and humidity
- Design in view of space saving installation and maintainability
Reduced footprint of the controller achieved by cable connection on the back, etc.
Easier maintenance thanks to the reduction in size and weight of the drive unit and single-touch connection of control cables
3. Enhanced functions leading to the improvement of productivity
- Interruption decreasing function improving the rate of operation of the production equipment
Arc outage generated in a welding section detected for prompt automatic recovery decreasing interruption of operation of the production equipment
- Convenient management functions for welding provided as standard features
Use of the "weld failure management function" allowing quick identification of the cause of interruption due to weld failure achieving improved rate of operation of the robot
The "consumables management function" indicating in advance the timings of inspection of the robot and replacement of consumables for preventing the generation of failure
4. Welding peripheral equipment achieving stable wire feeding performance
<< New shock sensor torch RT3500 >>
- Use of the liner clamping mechanism achieving stable welding quality by preventing the wire feeding performance, positional accuracy and wire extension from being affected by the attitude of the robot
- Integration of the shock sensor into the arm reducing the distance to the torch tip thereby expanding the effective working range of the robot and improving the path accuracy in circular interpolation, etc.
<< New wire feeder AF-4011 >>
- Improved wire feeding capacity by revision of the wire pressurizing mechanism and stabilized feeding performance by improving the accuracy of different sections.
- Optimization of the shape (reduction in size and weight) in view of mounting on the manipulator reducing the load on the robot and decreasing the interference area at the back of the manipulator